1 Samuel 1:27 - I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.

1 Samuel 1:27 - I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Birth Story Part.2



Sean and I got to the hospital around 1:30 pm and found out I was only 2 1/2 cm. By 5:30 that afternoon I still was not having contractions. The midwife decided to start me on pitocin. I started having hard contractions and by 11:30 they gave me stadol and one other pain medication. The medicine didn't seem to help me at all. I remember telling everyone I was seeing double I was beyond drugged, and the medicine wore off fairly quickly.


Around 12:30 in the morning(keep in mind at this point my water had been broke for around 17 hours) the midwife checked me and I was 6 cm. I had gone into child birth hoping I could make it through the labor pain without an epidural. There was no way I could make it any longer. At least not with a nurse that was a pitocin Nazi.ha! I was giving an epidural and within minutes I went from a 6 to an 8. I got some rest for the next few hours and by 6 in the morning I was fully dilated!!!!!


I started pushing and the midwife told me I still wasn't having consistent contractions. Also at this point my epidural was wearing off and I basically had to push when I felt the most pain, because I never had the urge to push. My midwife was starting to get frustrated not necessarily with me, but with the situation. I was having a hard time pushing and with the pain coming back with full force I was growing very weary. Sean was awesome the whole time he was right there beside me cheering me on and massaging me through each contraction. To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment